Everyone is very caring for the safety of his iPhone and no doubt you will be too one of them if you use an iPhone. You won’t like to get scratches on its back and would prefer to protect it with a custom casing or skin. It can be bought from the market, but in my case, I never like buying a skin for my iPhone from the market. I would prefer to make it at home with my choice of colors, material and design because when I visited the market to get a cover for my iPhone, I found some covers too glossy with the colors I never like. Whereas some were good in material, but they were in matte and dull colors that were never my favorite. So, what to do the next is just to create my iPhone casing at home. The below listed things are must to create an iPhone case, if you don’t have, then avoid this guide and buy one from any trusted cell phone accessories shop, I personally buy and recommend cellularbarn.com if you’re looking for affordable accessories, otherwise you can order them on famous Online shopping site.. If you want to join me, you require some very ordinary things for this purpose to collect appreciation from your friends.
- Foam Sheet (It should be in matte, and I would prefer in dull yellow color as it is my favorite)
- Glitter Foam Sheet (It is used to give a glossy look or design to the casing. If you want a casing in matte only, you can select another matte sheet in a bit different color, but it should be in darker color)
- X-Acto knife (If that is not available, you can buy a sharp paper cutter)
- Glue (If you buy Super glue, it works the best instead of an ordinary glue. So, ask for super glue)
- Markers (In two different colors)
- Take the flat colored matte foam sheet and use ruler and pencil to draw two lines each in 1 cm width.
- Now use scissors to cut the strips. These strips will cover the four sides of your iPhone.
- Paste some glue to the edges of the strips and join them to make one long strip.
- Start putting the long strip to the four sides of your iPhone. Mark the place where is the “Off/On” button and the “Volume” key. You need to cut the area with X-Acto cutter.
- Now take cardboard. Put your iPhone on it to trace its shape from the front and the rear side with 2 cm distance between them. (It is because when you open or close the casing after attending a call on your iPhone, it should be flexible enough to work accordingly)
- Mark the places where the camera exists and cut that in squares. Cut the shapes of front and rear you have traced on cardboard.
- Now you have front and rear sides of your iPhone in cardboard. Paste these sides on the glittering foam sheet you selected earlier.
- Don’t forget to mark and cut the holes for camera and flashlight on the glittering sheet.
- Now put some glue on the edges of the shapes of front and rear for your iPhone and put your phone between them.
- The ring on the width of your phone you created with the matte foam sheet will fit the front and back covers. Press the sheet on all sides so that it sticks on every inch.
- Keep it aside. Now you should draw some attractive shapes like stars, the flag of your country, your favorite fruit, bird or animal on the matte foam sheet with a marker. Cut these shapes and paste them with the help of glue to the rear and front covers on glittering foam sheet.
- Take about 4 inches long and half 1-inch wide piece of the glittering foam sheet and paste at the mid of bottom side of the casing
- Now put some glue on both sides of Velcro and stick it on the mid of the front side of the casing and join the 4 inches long piece you pasted on the back side of the casing. Now it is easy for you to open and close the casing.