Looking for the ways to fix the error on Google Chrome “Unable to connect to the internet”? Here you will find some handy ways to work around this issue in no time. There may be different reasons for this problem. The problem is interrelated to DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET error that also occurs in Google chrome, these fixes will work for both error equivalently. I am going to share my personal experience with you. So, let’s start discussing all methods one followed by the other.
Method # 1: Reboot the System
You should restart the system to try browsing in Chrome once more. When the computer restarts, just open Google Chrome and type your desired website to check whether it shows “DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET” error or it is resolved.
Method # 2: Re-install the Browser
If the browser is still not responding, you should uninstall and re-install the browser to give it another try. For this, do the following steps.
- You should go to the “Control Panel.”
- In “Programs” category, you should select the option “Uninstall a program.”
- Here, you will find a list of the programs installed on your system. You need to click “Google Chrome” and select “Uninstall” from above. It will uninstall this browser. Later, you can re-install it.
Method # 3: Disable the Firewall
If you are using an antivirus program, that may be blocking the way of Google Chrome for browsing. So, you need to disable its Firewall and try to browse your desired sites.
Method # 4: Clear the Cache
You should clear the cache from Google Chrome to remove this error. Use the following instructions to perform this action.
Go to the address bar and type “://net-internals/#dns” and press “Enter” key.
Method # 5: Use Command Prompt
You should be a bit technical this time if none of the above-discussed methods works well. Open Command Prompt with admin rights.
- Go to the “Start” and type in the Search bar “Command Prompt”. As soon it appears in the search results, you should right-click on the Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator.”
- Now the Command Prompt window appears before you. Start typing the following commands one by one and every time press “Enter” to move below.
- Now you need to type here two other commands given below.
“netsh in tip set dns”
“netsh winsock reset”
Method # 6: Change DNS Address
You should replace the DNS Address so that your browser may not show the “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET” error again. You can follow the steps below that would fix this issue for sure.
- Just go to the bottom right corner where you find the Network icon. You need to right-click on it to view its options.
- Now select “Open Network and Sharing Center” to move ahead.
- In the left pane, you will see “Change Adapter Settings” option. Just click this option to view its content.
- When you right-click the active network connection, there you will find “Properties” at the bottom. Select this option.
- In the Properties, “Networking” tab, you need to select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click “Properties.”
- Click the radio button “Use the following DNS server addresses” and provide “126.96.36.199” in the Preferred DNS Server box and “188.8.131.52” in the Alternate DNS Server box.